November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is kind of weird when there are only three people, and only one of you likes turkey. Add to that the fact that I've hardly cooked for three weeks because I can't stand the smell of food, and it makes for a hard Thanksgiving. However, in honor of my husband, I got up and cooked this traditional Thanksgiving meal.



Roasted turkey, sage-infused stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes with gravy, steamed broccoli, baked sweet potato, and fresh cranberries in a sauce.




Yeah, right. I couldn't cook that if I was possesed by the spirit of Julia Child. We decided to go to Black Angus for their turkey dinner so Jon could have traditional food and we wouldn't have to cook an entire turkey for one person. It was a good meal and Jon was satisfied and happy. Jasper didn't care much about eating and spent a lot of the meal under the table, which made it seem like Jon and I were on a date by ourselves and that was kind of fun. I'm thankful for my little family and maybe next year we can have a real meal.

(I don't know why this picture looks so weird.)

3 comments:

G-ma said...

Who says you have to cook thanksgiving dinner anyway

G-pa said...

I'm glad your family had a happy Thanksgiving...
two of you look happy in the picture...as for the 3rd... not so happy,, oh that pregnancy tracker thing is kinda spiffy.

Rachel said...

You make me laugh. I was in awe for a moment! I'm glad you got a sort of date night. :)

Post a Comment