April 09, 2009

Here You Go, Jerm

So far April has been a pretty slow month and I don't really have anything to post about, but my brother Jeremy has been bugging me to update, so this post is for you, Jerm. Love ya.

Jas loves to play in his tunnel. We got this for him for his 2nd birthday and he likes to put it right in front of his tent so he can crawl through it into the tent.

He also likes to sit in his tent and read. Sometimes I lay in there with him, but usually he likes to sit in there by himself and read books. You can usually hear him talking and basically reading to himself, which is so cute. I had to sneak this picture like I was taking a picture of a wild animal on a safari, or else he would have tried to hide from the camera.

I have a lot to say about this picture.

1: I do not like Legos. Most of them are smaller than my pinkie nail, they are sharp, and if you step on one it makes you want to say a bad word.

2: it takes FOREVER to clean them up, and even longer to convince Jasper to help. I have to get creative with clean-up ideas. This time I gave him a big mixing spoon and had him scoop the Legos into the box. That took double forever, because he can only scoop so many at a time. To be honest, sometimes they stay on the floor for days at a time because I don't feel like trying to get him to help clean them up.

3: all these Legos used to be Jon's and his brothers', which means they are dirty and honestly, kind of smelly. However, it is cool that Jasper sort of inherited them, because apparently those boys used to live on Legos.

4: I have no idea how to play Legos. I'm not good at building castles or whatever you're supposed to do with them.

5: as annoying as they may be, Jasper loves to play with them and he actually builds some pretty cool stuff sometimes. I'm sure it helps with his hand-eye coordination or something, and it does help him with his colors. And, I'll probably buy him some myself sometime, just because he loves them and I love him.


This is him eating the spoon after we made brownies one day. I realize that there is raw egg in brownie mix and raw egg can cause salmonella, but my kitchen is clean and I grew up eating batter spoons and I've never had salmonella in my life. Plus, what good is baking if you can't eat the spoon!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The lego picture is hilarious, AND your comments on the picture are even better. I cried. Seriously.

Daniel wants to send you his lego collection. :) He claims his doesn't smell bad, but I do know they've been in storage for at least 3 years, so they are dirty. :) HAHA. I won't make your life worse, so they'll continue to sit in storage until one day they are dumped all over our floor.

You crack me up.

Post a Comment