A few weeks ago we were able to make a trip to Utah to see my family. One of the reasons we went was for my mom's birthday. She received Guitar Hero and the boys played it almost all day. We went to Los Hermanos for dinner and everyone had a good time.
After eating, we went home and had a Wii bowling tournament. My brother Jonny was the ultimate winner. Jon and I played against each other for one game, and I won! But, the next day he smashed me in like 3 games in a row. We're going to get a Wii ourselves...one of these days...if I can work it into the grocery budget.
Brandon was a pro at spinning the ball
One of the other reasons we went was so that I could help my mom sort through all of my Grandma's pictures. It was a bigger job than I think either of us expected. It was really fun to see all my ancestors and hear my grandma tell stories about these people I've never heard of. I also learned that we have an uncle Jasper, which is where my grandpa got his middle name from, which is where we got Jasper's name from.
We had a lot of fun on our trip and Jasper really liked having so many people pay attention to him. He got a little spoiled. For about two days after we got home, all he could say was "let's go to G-Ma's house". He and I will be going back in May hopefully.
One of the 89 tub pictures
Intoxicated by the un-ending supply of strawberries from G-MaIt was really nice to go back to my homeland and see my family and where I grew up. I'm so thankful to Jon for working so hard and making it possible for us to go, and for providing everything that we have. He's the best!
3 comments:
I can't believe how grown up your brothers are.
Hi guys and gals. It has been awhile since I have been on the site. Thanks again for doing this and helping us be a part of your lives from a distance. Good job Jessica on the photos and commentary. We miss you all so much (not just Jasper) and hope we get to see you soon. Love, Gary & Leanne.
Twilight was pretty amazing, I hated the fourth book almost.
I love our Wii; however, it's a money pitt. Everytime I turn around there's something else that I want to get for it-a fishing pole, gun, wii fit, stearing wheels....ect. But it's a blast.
I can't wait to see you either!
Post a Comment