Right across the street from the zoo is a place called Fairytale Town. It's like a big park with fairytale-themed play areas. Jas really had a good time here. We did have an incident where he went up the ramp to go down a slide and he never came down. When I went to find him, I found out there was a back entrance to this slide and he had run that way. Luckily, he came running around a corner right then and he got a lecture about staying with mama and daddy. We'll probably be spending a lot of time here because it's cheap and you really could spend the whole day there.
March 27, 2009
Animals & Fairytales
Last Sunday we decided to go to the zoo. It was Jasper's first trip to the zoo, not counting the time he went to the LA Zoo when he was in my belly. He seemed to have a really good time. The Sacramento Zoo isn't a big zoo, but it's big enough for a 2 year-old to enjoy. He really liked looking at the reptiles and the tiger. I think he might have enjoyed the fact that he didn't have to be in his stroller more than looking at the animals, but he still had a blast. I made sandwiches and we had a little picnic for lunch, and it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
These are red pandas, which I don't think I even knew existed
One of Jasper's faves
It took about 4 tries to get a picture with Jasper's face in it
I'm pretty sure he knew this wasn't real... but it still needed a cracker






No comments:
Post a Comment