This was my other favorite. It's an F-16. It was so loud you could feel it vibrating in your chest. It was flying by at 650 miles per hour when I took this picture.
April 22, 2009
Beale Air Show
This past weekend we went to an air show at the Beale Air Force Base. I mostly thought it was cool just to be on a real military base, but the planes were neat too. The weirdest part was when we drove through the gate and the guard was holding an AK-47. Not something you see every day. We thought Jasper would just love it because he loves looking at planes in the sky and he pretends to fly around like a plane with his arms out, but he didn't seem to love it as much as we thought he would. The fact that it was one of the hottest days in 59 years might have had something to do with it. Poor Jon was sick the whole weekend, but he took medicine and just toughed it out. I also got one of the best sunburns I've ever had. They had all kinds of planes on display, and there were lots of aerial shows. Apparently they had a stealth plane fly by, but we didn't see it so I guess that whole stealth thing really works. I did my very mommy best to get pictures of Jasper, but he was not having it. All in all, it was pretty cool, and the best part was that it was free!
This was my favorite plane. I thought it was cool that the nose could open up like that. (yes, Jasper is on a leash, and yes, we felt weird about it. But as my mom said, better to look dorky than to be lost.)
This is the inside of that plane. It was like as long as a football field, or more.
This is one of those un-manned recon planes.
Jasper tried to climb into the cockpit of this helicopter and take off. Good thing he had that leash! By the way, the suits the Air Force guys have to wear are really unflattering.
2 comments:
The huge Cargo planes always fly into one of Waco's airports, and they seem to be going sooooo slow. It scared me when I was little because they would fly over our house.
Bush would fly into the same airport, and the f16's would wake us up in the middle of the night because they would sometimes fly pretty low.
We really like the picture with Jas and Jon walking along, just the two of them. I'm sure Jas was telling Jon all about it and Jon was saying 'uh huh'.
Post a Comment