June 02, 2012

School Luau

Today we went to the end-of-year luau at Jasper's school.  We had so much fun.  It was great to go to a school party that was so much like what I had when I was little, in this day and age of gluten-free-no-tag-at-recess schools.  There were tons of treats (some even homemade), games and fun.


$5 bought us a wristband good for unlimited slide rides and bounces in houses.


Fishing was his favorite game.
Awesome shark face paint.  He was thrilled, as this was his first time getting his face painted.
Sharing cotton candy.  I was really excited that it was real cotton candy, being made right in front of our eyes.  That pre-made stuff that comes in a bag is just gross.  Journey had to have at least 3 bites of every treat Jasper got.


He won the cake walk.  I'm pretty sure my mom made a cake or two for cake walks when I was little.


He got a balloon sword from the balloon man.  I've never seen a balloon man who also made a holster.  Of course, the sword partially popped before the day was over, but Jasper just turned it into a laser gun.  He's a glass-half-full type of kid.

He soaked the principal on his first try.
Throughout it all, Miss sat nicely in her stroller dancing around to the Hawaiian music being played over speakers.  She's too big for some things, but wasn't quite big enough for the fun.

Double up in a single stroller for the walk home.

The dirtier the feet, the more fun that was had.  He was carried immediately to the shower when we got home.

1 comment:

Jonny said...

looks like you all had a blast. :) your kids are just too cute. :)

Post a Comment