December 21, 2009

The Lighted Gingerbread House

Jon and I were watching a show about over-the-top Christmas displays, and we saw that this house was in our area, so we decided to go last night. It was actually pretty cool. They closed down part of the street and they had a jumping house and a little train you could take a ride on, and the best part was that it was all free. The people who own the house do a toy and food drive and instead of charging for the fun, they ask people to bring donations. It was hard to get good pictures because there were quite a few people and my camera batteries ran out so I was stuck with my phone which does not take the best pictures. Jasper liked jumping in the jumping house, but didn't seem to care that much about anything else. He didn't want to talk to Santa, which was fine because there was a long line. I just thought it was nice that these people do this every year, and that their neighbors let them! I think we'll be making this a tradition.
According to their website, christmastyme.com, there are over 138,000 lights.

The guy comes out dressed like Santa and sits in a big Santa chair and the kids can go talk to him. His teenage son was there dressed as an elf, and I'm pretty sure he was looking around making sure none of his friends were there :)

Jasper's favorite decoration

4 comments:

Despain Family said...

This house is amazing.

jerm said...

They copied me

G-pa said...

Is the guy named Clark Griswold, and his son Rusty?

Rachel said...

I was watching TLC and saw this the other day! :) very cool.

Post a Comment