December 16, 2009

G-Ma Came To Town

I LOVE when my mom comes to visit. We do fun stuff that I never get to do with anyone else since I'm surrounded by boys and 3-year olds aren't that great at crafting. We had a busy but so fun week, even if we went to the store WAY more times than actually necessary.

It snowed! Some Utah natives say this doesn't count as snow, but it does here and me and Jasper could not have been more excited.

We went to McDonald's for breakfast...on our way to the store :)

I turned 25 and got sick that night so I couldn't eat any cake or dinner that Jon cooked.

I got the Big Top Cupcake pan from my mom and it is awesome. Jon decorated this to look like a carousel/circus cake keeping in theme with the Big Top name.

This ship is docked in Old Sacramento. It's called the Hawaiian Chieftan and it used to be a trading ship. It was way smaller than we thought it would be, but fun to tour.

We made lots of crafts
Ma's

Ma's

Mine

Mine

We also spent a lot of time baking, and Jasper was very helpful. (G-Ma put him in potty training boot camp which is why he has no clothes on. He's doing very well with it.)

He's better at tasting than stirring

We made treat plates and jars for the neighbors

And a delicious apple pie


I am so glad my mom was able to come. She kick-started the potty training and it was a nice break for me from the every day stuff. If all goes well, we'll be going to Utah in March, although Jasper says he'd rather have G-Ma come back here.

5 comments:

G-ma said...

i enjoyed being there. I wouldn't mind going back but I just wish I could convince you all to just move back to Utah. :)

Despain Family said...

Fun pictures, Jessica. That's fun that your mom got to come. She's a very fun lady!

Rick and Collette said...

It looks like you had such a fun time with your mom! That is so fun she got to come and visit. I love the crafts. I need someone to teach me how to do stuff like that. And good luck with the potty training thing. Tyler is potty trained (finally!!!) and I so glad I'm done with that. Good luck to ya.:) Are you guys staying in California for Christmas this year? We are headed back to Idaho on Saturday for the holidays. I am so excited! I hope you guys have a good christmas!

jerm said...

I dont see any snow sis, I'm a little bit confused.

G-pa said...

anytime you want her you can have her, you send jas you can have my ol lady

Post a Comment