For the 4th this year we went to the house of one of Jon's work friends for a family BBQ and swimming. They have a pool in their backyard and there were lots of kids for Jas to play with. They were all older than him and it was interesting to watch him try to assert himself in a group of louder bigger kids. They all took him right in, though, and he was one of them. I, of course, forgot my camera in the car for half of the day so I don't have any pics of Jas swimming, but he had so much fun. Everyone brought fireworks and it turned out to be an almost hour-long show. We were the only non-related people at the BBQ, but everyone treated us as if we were. It was a really nice day and a one of our best 4ths yet.
Don't forget it's Daddy's birthday! Jon's birthday sometimes gets overshadowed by 4th of July festivities, but I still made sure to decorate the cake so he could blow out candles, even though we didn't get home until 11:30 p.m.
All the kids painted a shirt and Jas practiced drawing fireworks

Eating his 4th or 5th cupcake. He pretty much only ate fruit and cupcakes that day. This picture basically defines his day: messy, tired, and satisfied.

I painted a patriotic shirt for Journey to wear so she wouldn't feel left out.
1 comment:
no matter what time of day, a birthday is always nice
Post a Comment