Since the initial dislike of the baby idea, Jasper seems to have warmed up to it. Here are a few stories of Jasper and the baby.
--
* He gives me sips of his juice or milk and says "this will make your baby stronger."
--
* When I first told him I had a baby in my tummy, he said "did you eat the baby?" A few weeks later he asked me how the baby would get out, and it took me a second to think of a 3-year old appropriate response. I just told him when the baby was big enough I would go to the doctor and the doctor would take the baby out. These are tricky questions to explain to a little kid.
--
* The other day we were sitting on the couch talking about the baby and he said "when I was a baby I was in your tummy and before I was a baby I was a vitamin." I guess he thought that because I take my prenatal vitamin every day and he knows the vitamin will help the baby be stronger. His logic sometimes is so funny.
--
* He was rubbing my stomach one day (because it's big already) and he said "your tummy is big." I said "that's because the baby is in there." He said "let me see" and he tried to pry my mouth open to look down into my stomach to see the baby. I thought that was so funny. I told him the baby was too far down to be able to see it.
--
I'm glad he's getting used to the idea. We go in 2 weeks to see if it's a boy or a girl and we are very excited. We're going to take Jasper with us to the ultrasound so he can see the baby a little easier than trying to stare down my throat.

1 comment:
every time i see that picture i think of that french chef at jons school. we are excited about the 25th.
Post a Comment