October 10, 2009

Star Wars In Concert

Last night we had the chance to go to Star Wars: In Concert. It was an orchestra and choir playing music from all six movies, while scenes played on a giant screen behind them. It was really neat. The orchestra was so good it sounded like it was recorded, and it was kind of moving in a way. They also had some props from the movies on display, and Darth Vader and some Storm Troopers were walking around. There was also a Princess Leia walking around, but she hardly looked like the original Leia. We were lucky enough to be right at the doorway when Darth walked out, so we got a picture before the crowd came. We thought it would be a much bigger production than it turned out to be, but it was still fun to see. We got there super early due to my outing anxiety and Jasper was ready to leave before the show even started. He and I ended up walking around the top of the arena for most of the time. But it was nice to do something fun and different that maybe Jas will remember. It was also nice to get a little culture in my life, and nice to listen to music other than the Tom and Jerry or Mickey's Clubhouse music. Overall we had a great time, and I'm really glad we got to go.

Hard to see, but this is the guy who narrated it. His name is Anthony Daniels and he was actor who played C3PO in the original Star Wars movies. He looks just like his character.

I thought this was a cool shot. The orchestra was really amazing.

Jasper was very unsure here. I think he thought they were real and might get him. Jon said the guy in the Darth Vader suit sounded like a gangster, which I thought was funny.

The original C3PO. So cool.
(Side note: we saw so many people with the same shirt as Jon. Who knew that many people would buy the same shirt.)

Some of the original sheet music

Jasper was concerned about Han Solo being stuck.

Ewoks, which were bigger than I thought they'd be.

Boba Fett
Yoda, who was smaller than I thought he'd be

Some weapons

I don't know this guy or the guy below, but I thought the costumes were cool

5 comments:

Uncle Brandon said...

You guys are so legit, I think it's awesome you guys did that

G-Ma said...

How did he get there?

G-Pa said...

i can not believe your mother posted that....

Taraleigh Gray said...

I'm so glad you found our blog! Now I've found yours :) I'll have to put a link to yours so I can come back and see what's happening in J-town.

Marian Hart said...

Hi Jon & Jess, I am sitting here with Gary looking at the site figuring out how to comment.

Post a Comment