May 15, 2009

Eww


Today I had what I consider to be my first real "mother of a little boy" experience. We were in the backyard and Jas was digging in the mud when he discovered a worm. He shoveled it into his bucket and then dug it back out. He spent the next 30-40 minutes playing with it, transfering it between shovels, picking it up, and just generally grossing me out. I dislike all bugs, worms, creepies and crawlies. After he had played with it, he said "me take it apart" and next thing I knew, there were two worm halves, one of which was still wiggling. So freakin' gross. I told him to put it back in the dirt so it could go to it's house, and then he shoveled some dirt on top of it so it would have some food. Even though it was now deceased. I don't know how I got blessed with a little boy, but I guess I'm glad about it. Even when he plays with one of the grossest things on Earth.


3 comments:

Leanne Kimball said...

Jess, just be grateful, Gary used to eat them with dirt and saltine crackers...eeewwwwwww...I finally broke him of this last year...
We sure miss you guys. We are going to AZ next week to see the older grandson graduate from jr. high.
Hope you had a great mothers day..you deserve it.

G-Pa said...

If you have a 2 1/2 year old boy that will play with a worm for 40 minutes.. you have one smart little guy..

Blair Campbell said...

That just made me chuckle a little bit. I don't like worms either, but oh, of course it would be the little boys that would play with them How lucky you are.

Post a Comment