August 19, 2012

Jasper's Birthday

He started the day by opening presents.  At about 8:00 in the morning.




Then he had to try out his new Wii game.  Journey will use any excuse to get up on his bed.


He went to Toys R Us with his birthday coupon.


 McDonald's for lunch.

 After lunch we did cake and ice cream.

 In the evening, we went to the circus.  It was so fun.  Definitely worth the price of admission.


The Sirens of the Sky.  So beautiful.

Girls swinging by their connected hair.  Ouch.

The Olympic gymnast girls were pretty impressive, but I'd like to see them do their routines on a bouncing board suspended between two big guys, then jump on someone else's shoulders.

Shaolin Warriors are always a big hit.

Jasper saw the elephant painting on the commercial, and it was pretty much all he wanted to see.

For being such big heavy animals, elephants are surprisingly graceful and light-steppers.  This was the favorite part of the grown-ups.  Both kids were asleep by the time the elephants came out.


The final act was the motorcycles in a cage.  At this point there were 8 people riding in there.  They are a family of riders, including one girl, which I thought was really cool.


Overall it was a really great day.  I don't know where the last 6 years have gone so quickly, but he's sure growing up into a good, fun kid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... I realized I get off the floor just like the elephants. I could be a star. Wish we could have shared it with you. You have done a great job with little Mr.....lym Cali Gran and Gramos

G-pa said...

what a day... the whole family celebrates. The mohawk was a cool summer thing. I'm proud of you and Jonk for raising your family the way you are. Love you,
G-pa

Post a Comment