This is the only picture I have of Thanksgiving because I forgot to take my camera to Grandma Leanne's house. However, this picture has a story. I was tasked with making an apple pie. So I called Gram to get a crust recipe. It didn't work out. So then I tried the recipe on my pie pat. It didn't work either. The second time was harder because I was holding Journey in her sling thing because she was fussy on the floor. So then I loaded up the kids and off we went to Ralph's for pie crust. That worked. Jasper and I cut out maple leaves with cookie cutters for the top crust and I brushed it with evaporated milk and sprinkled it with sugar, like Gram said to, again while holding Journey in her sling. She's very clingly lately. Turns out, the pie was pretty good, even if the crust wasn't what pie crust should be. And it only took about three and a half hours to complete. Happy Thanksgiving.
November 27, 2010
Thanksgiving 2010
This is the only picture I have of Thanksgiving because I forgot to take my camera to Grandma Leanne's house. However, this picture has a story. I was tasked with making an apple pie. So I called Gram to get a crust recipe. It didn't work out. So then I tried the recipe on my pie pat. It didn't work either. The second time was harder because I was holding Journey in her sling thing because she was fussy on the floor. So then I loaded up the kids and off we went to Ralph's for pie crust. That worked. Jasper and I cut out maple leaves with cookie cutters for the top crust and I brushed it with evaporated milk and sprinkled it with sugar, like Gram said to, again while holding Journey in her sling. She's very clingly lately. Turns out, the pie was pretty good, even if the crust wasn't what pie crust should be. And it only took about three and a half hours to complete. Happy Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
G-pa ain't saying anything about this pie... don't need the wrath of Jessica or Bonnie
Post a Comment